mmmmmmmmmmlli mmmmmmmmmmlli mmmmmmmmmmlli mmmmmmmmmmlli


We care, for the better.

A place for families, because you don't have to use drugs to be affected by them.

sign in

Sign in to make comments and contribute your own stories. Or click here to register if you've never used the blog before.

Sign In

Want to find a support group? Enter your postcode or town below to find a support group near you.

Find help

Share Your Story

I need Advice

Posted by Jasmine16 on 14 December 2016.

My husband and I have been together for 16 years. Over the past 5 or so years he has started drinking heavily every night. He can easily drink a bottle of gin 1 Litre straight in less than 2 days. Its horrible I have tried to talk to him just calls me awful names and once or twice has gone for me. I don't understand because he did Dry January and stuck to it just drinks heavily the rest of the time. I am worried now cause recently he has started filling bottles up with water and hiding the empties. I think he may have cottoned on to the idea that I am monitoring what he is drinking. We have 3 children and I work on a Saturday night but can only do so if my 15 year old is in the house to care for my youngest child. He is able to hold down his job never missed a days work through to alcohol, but I fear he is over the limit in the morning. I have several times wanted to report him but fear this will make things 100 times worse as he will lose he job and be stuck at home together. I have been to see my GP to get some advice but feel let down. All I want to know is how to talk to him without an argument,


Icarus Trust
20 Dec 2016

Hi Jasmine, 
I’m sorry to hear about your difficulties, and thank you for sharing your story.
If you would like to talk with people who would understand what you are going through please contact The Icarus Trust. We are a charity that supports people who have to deal with a loved one's addiction. Talking to one of our experienced trained volunteers may help you.
Please contact Icarus Trust on or visit our website

 Just in case you need it you could contact the National Domestic Violence Helpline, as they can give you advice on your situation and what to do next. Their number is 0808 2000 247 and it is free to call, open 24 hours a day, and calls are confidential. You could also look at Women’s Aid’s website, they are the national charity working to keep women and children safe and they have a directory of local support services which you can find here -
All the very best.

You must be signed in to comment. To sign in, use the form to the right, or click here to register if you've never used the blog before.