mmmmmmmmmmlli mmmmmmmmmmlli mmmmmmmmmmlli mmmmmmmmmmlli


We care, for the better.

A place for families, because you don't have to use drugs to be affected by them.

sign in

Sign in to make comments and contribute your own stories. Or click here to register if you've never used the blog before.

Sign In

Want to find a support group? Enter your postcode or town below to find a support group near you.

Find help

Share Your Story

no real change

Posted by mrs blue on 2 January 2015.

My son is nearly 33 years old. He has had a drug habit for around 17 years. He has been in and out of jail for years. His offences were all connected to his drug habit. He has burgled his sisters house, stealing her handbag, laptop and electronic gadgets from her children. He was out of jail on a drug rehab order (what a bloody joke) within 6 weeks and landed at my with a bin bag over his shoulder. He did say he was sorry and he appeared to be genuine.
He received a benefit payment and bought himself an expensive pair of trainers. I couldn't keep my mouth shut and suggested he should be trying to repay his sister for the items he stole from her. This lead to an abusive outburst from him, however he did storm out and eventually got himself a flat with the help of the probation service.
He has recently (pre Xmas) been calling round to my house again and appears to want to build bridges. Meantime he has been pinching cigs out of my packet and even taking a pocketful of teabags!. He is never shy at asking me for things either. I'm at the end of my patience with him. He has rinsed both me and his sisters over the years and seems to have no boundaries as to what he will take from us or which drawers or cupboards he can root in when no ones looking. 
I don't want him in my house anymore...I think.....and I m sorry for the moan. Any ideas on how to deal with this please? 
Mrs R.


Icarus Trust
5 Jan 2015

How difficult this must be for you but there is support out there. I work for a charity called The Icarus Trust which aims to help and support people like yourself who are having to deal with the addiction of a loved one.We offer a service called 'Family Friends' who are experienced trained volunteers. If you contact us you could talk with one of them which may help you to find a way ahead.
You can contact us on or visit the website
I hope that talking to someone will help you. Good luck!

You must be signed in to comment. To sign in, use the form to the right, or click here to register if you've never used the blog before.