Funded by the The Big Lottery, Adfam is working with and supporting people (18+) in Greenwich who are affected by the drug or alcohol use of a loved one. Our trained peer mentors become visible Family Recovery Champions (FRCs) inspiring others to make positive changes in their lives and redress the negative impact of drug and alcohol use in their families and communities.
The Support we offer
- Fortnightly peer support group, called Taking Steps, where people offer one another practical and emotional advice, help and support in a friendly and non-judgmental environment.
- Regular information and skills sessions on topics such as Get Active in Greenwich or mindfulness.
- One-to-One meet ups for a coffee and a chat with a trained peer mentor at a local cafe or The Stables SE7 Carers Centre. These can be booked with the Family Support Manager.
- A regular series of seven information sessions for family members impacted by someone's drug or alcohol use. These are friendly and informal and you don't have to book to attend.
- Weekly peer mentor support held at Change Grow Live (CGL) on selected week days (currently Tuesdays and Wednesdays) between 10.00-12.00 midday.
For more information contact Alison Hill.
Adfam also offers heavily subsidised weekend respite breaks for carers who live in Greenwich.
We will update you of upcoming dates in due course.
- Information sessions for family members with Peter Cartwright
The Beresford Project, 36-42 Hare St, Woolwich, London SE18 6LZ
- Peer support group Change Grow Live (CGL)
821 Woolwich Rd, London SE7 8LJ
- Monthly surgery with peer mentor
The Stables SE7 Carers Centre, The Stables, 76 Hornfair Rd, Charlton SE7 7BD
What other people have said
Here's what people who've come along have said: