With support from the BBC's Children In Need we are working in Peterborough to support kinship carers and the children they look after. Kinship carers are family members, most commonly grandparents, but also aunts, uncles, siblings and others, who take on the care of a child because the parents are unable to.
- One-to-one practical and emotional support to those caring for a family member's child.
- Weekly support group for kinship carers
- Regular information and skills workshops
- Fortnightly activities for children in kinship care
- Annual trips for kinship care families
If you would like to find out more please see the downloads below or contact our Kinship Care Support and Development Coordinator Karen Evans . Mobile: 07753 218472.
- Kinship Carer's Guide to Peterborough (pdf)
- Client Leaflet (pdf)
- Referral Criteria (pdf)
- Referral Form (word doc)
You can also visit the Peterborough Kinship Carers website.